Windows 10: the blocking for the 2004 version is lifted on the Surface

Technology: Microsoft was preventing certain Surface devices from updating to the 2004 version due to technical issues. The blockade was lifted on June 29.
Microsoft releases the block it placed on certain Surface devices to prevent them from updating to version 2004. This block prevented users of certain Surface models manufactured by Microsoft, including Surface Laptop 3 and Surface Pro 7, from downloading and manually install the latest Windows 10 feature update.

According to information released as part of the May 2020 update, devices with more than one network adapter capable of operating in "Always On, Always Connected" mode may experience unexpected shutdowns and reboots. The Surface Laptop 3 and Surface Pro 7 both fall into this category. (Other surface devices can also be included; I asked Microsoft for a list of affected devices, but got no response).



Several technical problems when launching the updateEven though a patch (KB4557957) was released on June 9 as part of …

Six in ten French people do not trust the government to succeed in deconfinement

Initially confident in the government when the confinement was announced, the French have not trusted it since the end of March, according to an Odoxa-Dentsu Consulting poll for Franceinfo and "Le Figaro" published on Wednesday. Six in 10 French (58%) do not trust the government for the success of deconfinement.
 
Six in ten French people do not trust the government to succeed in deconfinement

The lower classes have the least confidence in the government on this point, the survey found. 38% of people with the lowest incomes trust, compared to 51% of the wealthiest respondents. Initially confident in the government when the confinement was announced, the French have not trusted it since the end of March, when they were convinced that the government had lied to them about the masks, said the polling institute.

Pessimism about back to school and transportation

A majority of French people (69%) are convinced that the promised security will be unsatisfactory in schools. They are even more numerous (74%) to anticipate an unsatisfactory security in transport, a pessimism particularly visible among the inhabitants of the Paris region (80%). On the other hand, the respondents have great confidence in companies (65%) to ensure a satisfactory level of security for their employees.

Regarding school, if the French doubt the results, they are confident about the means. 65% of those questioned believe that the commitment to the maximum number of 15 students per class will be met, 81% believe that the volunteering of families will be respected, 60% that the guarantee of welcome for each will be ensured.



A third of French people would like to remain confined

If two thirds of French people (65%) want deconfinement, the remaining third (35%) would prefer to remain confined. This latter trend is particularly visible among public service employees (47% of them indicate that they want to remain confined) and among young people (41% of 25-34 year-olds).

Overall, the French leave the government wide latitude over how to implement the plan and are ready for this deconfinement to be adapted on a case-by-case basis (regions, status vis-à-vis the disease, etc.) Young people (18- 24 years) are 78% find it normal that the oldest (over 65 years) stay locked up at home ... while the latter are a quasi-inverse proportion (69%) not to find this normal.

* This Odoxa-Dentsu Consulting survey was carried out with a sample of 1,005 French people representative of the French population aged 18 and over, interviewed by internet on May 5 and 6, 2020.